Oracle EBS Application Administrator
Dechra Pharmaceuticals | Overland Park, KS
Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Candidate will participate in Oracle EBS R12 system administration, support, and configuration; including user and system profiles, and creating user roles and responsibilities. Other duties include documenting functional and technical requirements, developing custom reports, optimizing processes, implementing new functionality/processes and generally helping users get the most out of the system.
- Participate in evaluation, design, and implementation of new and major enhancements of business applications.
- Update and implement user security within Oracle ERP Security and ensure compliance with organization-defined data security policies
- Troubleshooting and maintaining Oracle Concurrent Manager, Application Server, and Printers.
- Assist with installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations
- Provide proactive performance monitoring, and capacity planning
- Assist team production support and off-hour application deployments. Schedule and perform after hour software maintenance as required by customer needs. Must be willing and able to be “on-call” after hours
- Creation of scripts to assist in automating deployment and administrative task
- Manage Java Virtual Machine (JVM) settings and options including class path, HEAP sizes, Java Argument configurations, and other system settings
- Use networking, operating system, application tools to analyze and modify performance settings to improve operational performance
- Should have experience with applications/tech stack/database upgrades, cloning, installations, patching, performance tuning and backups/recovery
- Manage Service Requests (SRs) related to Oracle ERP operations and complete any administrative tasks and resolve issues
- Create and maintain accurate and updated process documentation (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, design documents, migration forms)
- Troubleshooting Oracle interfaces as needed
Strong Techincal Aptitude
Customer Service Mind-set
Proven Problem Solving Abilities
Knowledge and Experience
Strong experience with administration and support of Oracle R12 EBS.
Experience in technical and functional areas of Oracle Application Financials and Supply Chain Management
Working knowledge of Oracle EBS architecture
General aptitude for scripting and programmatic optimization of repeated administrative processes in Linux and Windows environments.
Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” attitude
Ability to organize and plan work independently
Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Hyperion and/or HFM experience
Experience working with Oracle EBS software installation and upgrading procedures
Administration of production Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems.
Experience with data modelling, schema development, stored procedures, and database triggers.
Must have at minimum five to seven years real world experience administering, supporting, and configuring Oracle EBS production servers.
B.S. in Computer Science or MIS; or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience
No relocation available.
Occasional travel may be required.